This chapter will cover how to:
Open the page that you want the new page to follow by selecting it from the Table of Contents. Select the + Add page button above the Table of Contents.
You will be provided with a menu of page types. Select the page type. See the section on Available Page Types for more information. Your new page will appear after the open page.
Tip: The default name for the new page will be a numeric continuation of the current page name (e.g., “Current Page Name” then “Current Page Name 2”).
Open the page you want to delete by selecting it from the Table of Contents. Select the Delete page button above the Table of Contents.
Change the Next page setting in the Navigation section to the page you want to follow the current page.
Tip: Be sure to adjust the navigation on any other pages affected by an initial navigation change.
Example: A lesson has the following 3 pages in a section:
By default, Page 1 navigates to Page 2, Page 2 navigates to Page 3, and Page 3 navigates back to the Table of Contents (Contents) as it lands at the end of the section.
You want to reorder the pages in the following order:
To make this change you would need to:
- Open Page 1 and change the Navigation setting to Page 3.
- Open Page 3 and change the Navigation setting to Page 2.
- Open Page 2 and change the Navigation setting to Contents.
Tip: You may choose to Disable Next Page in the Navigation section. Doing so would require a correct answer before the student could advance to the next page. The student would also be able to leave the page if a branching destination is set for a particular answer choice. See the section on creating branches below.
You can set different page destinations based on the student’s answer choice by adjusting the Branching destinations tied to a particular answer choice.
For example, a Right answer for “Question 1” can proceed to “Question 2,” whereas a Wrong answer for “Question 1” can take you to a different page, such as “Question 1 Follow-up,” for more discussion.
- Change Show Feedback in the drop-down menu next to a question choice to either Show feedback then branch or Branch immediately.
- If you select Show feedback then branch, the feedback box will open (upon that choice being selected) and the student will advance to the next page after selecting Next.
- If you select Branch immediately, upon choosing that particular answer choice, the student will go directly from answering the question to the next page without seeing any feedback or having to select Next.
2. Change the Branching destination, i.e., pick what you want the next page to be for students who select that particular choice.
- Tip: Branching destinations will override the main Next page settings. Where no Branching destination is set, the Next page setting controls.