There are two main types of pages:
Tip: Enter your text in the Question section, even though there isn’t a question.
These include a question component. Required fields for all questions include:
- Question text
- Tip: The Question section can also include any lead-in or explanatory text in addition to the question itself.
- Choice options (varies according to question type)
- Right/Wrong/Maybe/Info designations for each choice
- Tip: Only the Right (green) option will result in a “correct” score. All others, including Maybe and Info, will result in an “incorrect” score.
- Responses (feedback) for every choice
- Tip: Anything entered into the Shared Feedback section will appear in the feedback for every choice, after any feedback entered for a particular choice.
- Navigation (or Branching destinations)
- Tip: The default Next Page is the subsequent page in the lesson. You do not need to adjust the navigation unless reordering or branching pages.
Tip: Remove default placeholder language where necessary, such as for optional Hints.
Available Page Types
Text Variations – Text, Text with Video
- Presentation of content only (does not include a question)
- Option to include various types of media
*Currently, while they may appear as available options, you are not able to create new Text with Audio, Text with Hot Spots, and Text with Slide Show pages as they will not function when attempting to add the corresponding media. However, lessons copied from the CALI Library may contain these page types. In those instances, the media aspects (images with hot spots, slides, audio) cannot be modified.
- Supplemental information (text and/or image) accessed through a hyperlink in the text
- Opens a box on the same page to display content
- Standard multiple choice question
- 2 to 7 choices
- For use when there is only one correct answer
Multiple Choice Short
- Simple multiple choice question
- 2 to 3 choices
- Common uses: True/False, Yes/No/Maybe, Agree/Disagree
- Can also type in any other language for choices
Multiple Choice Sequence
- Series of multiple-choice questions, revealed one-by-one as they are answered
- 2 to 3 choices per question
- Same choices repeated across all questions
- Students categorize a series of items
- 1 to 12 items; 1 to 7 categories
- Items belong to only one category
Choose All That Apply
- Standard Checkbox/Choose all that apply question (when set to 1 category)
- Categorize items into two or more categories (when set to 2 or more categories)—items can belong to more than one category
- 1 to 7 categories; 1 to 12 items
- One set of Right feedback (all right answers) and one set of Wrong feedback (at least one wrong answer)
- Checkbox/Choose all that apply question
- 1 to 7 items
- Individual feedback for every item (feedback if checked, feedback if unchecked)
- Student sorts items into the correct order
- Can include distractors (red herrings)
- Short, structured text response
- Student text must match exactly one of the author-supplied answers
- Open-ended text response
- Author provides model answer for comparison
- Cannot be graded or scored
- Student highlights a piece of text that author designated as the right answer within a longer block of text
- Student chooses value/point within a given range
- Ranges include: Dollar, Number, Percent, Custom Labels
- 1 to 10 questions, each on a “card” on the screen
- Selecting a card reveals the answer